Skillshare - Lettering for Designers: One Drop Cap Letterform at a Time With Jessica Hische
Jessica Hische | Intermediate | Typography Lettering Adobe Illustrator Hand Lettering | 1.5 GB
Genre : eLearning
Ive been lettering for years working on all sorts of projects from Wes Anderson movies to Dave Eggers book covers. For every lettering project the basic unit is the same: a single letter.
In this self-paced class Ill teach you my process starting with that crucial unit: a simple and beautiful single letter in the form of a drop cap. A drop cap is the large letter that starts a chapter in a book an artform found in manuscripts dating back 2000 years.
What Youll Learn
Ill teach you my lettering process along with plenty of the tips and tricks Ive acquired over the years. Well cover:
- Research. The importance of starting small and picking the right book.
- Brainstorming. The keys to letting ideas out of your head and onto paper.
- Sketching. The real-world process for how letters are designed. Ill share my sketch books and sketching process for a true behind-the-scenes walkthrough.
- Digitizing. My essential tips and tricks for Illustrator including how to use handlebars and where to place your vector points.
- Critiquing. The constructive core process for critiquing your own work and getting those perfect finishing touches (ahem perfect curves).More Info: