Digital Tutors - Drawing Your First Set of Plans in AutoCAD With Pierre Derenoncourt
1h 38m | Level Beginner | Project Files Included | Software used | AutoCAD 2014 | 253 MB
In this set of tutorials youll learn how to draw your very first set of architectural plans. Well get started by working on a floor plan of a residential project.
Well begin with the exterior and interior walls in our plan. Well learn a few tools and tips that will help us quickly and efficiently draw walls that will define each space throughout the plan. Next well learn how to quickly draw the doors and windows that will populate our floor plan.
Once the floor plan is complete well then focus our attention on how to create elevation drawings of the home were designing and well also learn some tips on how to add depth to your drawings.
01. Introduction and project overview 00:49
02. Drawing the exterior walls of the floor plan 06:32
03. Drawing the interior walls of the floor plan 05:02
04. Completing the interior walls 04:47
05. Drawing doors 06:20
06. Finishing the door placement 08:08
07. Drawing wall openings for windows and entrances 07:11
08. Drawing windows05:42
09. Creating a Block for windows 06:24
10. Adding hatch patterns text and dimensions 07:57
11. Setting layers and lineweights for elevations 05:15
12. Drawing the basic form of the elevation 06:10
13. Cleaning lines and refining elevations 03:11
14. Assigning lineweights to the elevation drawing 04:18
15. Drawing doors in elevation view 06:48
16. Completing the door 07:49
17. Adding hatch patterns to elevations 06:22