Digital Tutors Exterior Rendering Techniques With Mental Ray And 3ds Max | 514.09 MB
In the series of lessons, we will explore the various tools, techniques, and procedures that we can use when lighting an outdoor scene in 3ds Max. We will begin the tutorial by learning how to set up a realistic outdoor illumination source, and how to simulate physically-accurate light behavior within our scene.
We will then discuss the importance of incorporating a proper linear workflow into our pipeline, which includes using gamma-correction on our textures and materials within 3ds Max. We will also see how we can use a post application like Photoshop to add some finishing touches to our final render with a minimal amount of effort. By the time you complete this tutorial, you will be much better prepared to overcome many of the common challenges faces when rendering an outdoor environment in 3ds Max.
1. Introduction and project overview
2. Placing the sun light into our scene
3. Enabling gamma correction in our exterior scene
4. Adding materials to our exterior scene
5. Color correcting our materials in 3ds Max
6. Changing the sky background in 3ds Max
7. Outputting final exterior render from 3ds Max
8. Using Photoshop to age our rendered scene
9. Adding final enhancements to our exterior render
All Link Download: