Digital Tutors Interior Rendering Techniques With Mental Ray And 3ds Max | 463.90 MB
In this tutorial we will explore the various techniques and some helpful tips for setting up realistic lighting for an interior scene. The ability to set up realistic lighting for an interior environment is a skill that is highly sought after in the CG industry.
But every digital set comes with it own set of unique problems that need to be overcome. So we will be covering a lot of very common issues that you will want to be aware of such as the proper use of lights and gamma-correction to create physically-accurate light behavior, achieving realistic light bouncing in our scene, optimizing our render speed, using proper gamma-correction on textures and materials inside of 3ds Max, as well as many other tips, tricks, and techniques that will help you become a stronger, more effective rendering artist in 3ds Max.
1. Introduction and project overview
2. Setting up initial lighting for the scene
3. Enabling gamma correction in 3ds Max
4. Adding a mental ray sky to our scene
5. Using portal lights for our interior scene
6. Adding materials to our interior scene
7. Placing secondary lights
8. Increasing render quality settings of our scene
9. Rendering our final interior shot from 3ds Max
All Link Download: