Digital Tutors - CINEMA 4D R15 for Maya Artists With Justin Marshall
English | 1h 46m | AVC 1280x720 15 fps | AAC 128 Kbps 44.1 KHz | 1.09 GB
Genre: eLearning | Level: Intermediate
Both Maya and CINEMA 4D are powerful all-around 3D content creation applications that each have their own strengths. Sometimes an artist who has primarily worked in one application, Maya for instance, finds that they need to be able to work in another program. These artists know what they need to accomplish and how to finish their projects, but they just need to know the capabilities of the new application and where they can quickly find the tools and functions they're looking for.
Rather than going through a long introductory project, with a lot of basic information, we'll cut straight to the information you need to start working quickly in CINEMA 4D. We'll talk about how CINEMA 4D deals with geometry and talk about its unique hierarchy based workflow. We'll cover polygon modeling tools and workflows like Extruding, Beveling, and working with Deformers. We'll also cover the use of splines and generators to create geometry from those splines. We'll touch on UVs, animation, lighting, rendering and cover a few things unique to CINEMA 4D like multi-resolution sculpting and the MoGraph tools.
By the end of this training you'll be able to take your Maya knowledge and continue to work in CINEMA 4D. Once done, if there are any tools or functions you'd like to know more about, you can go through any of the multiple CINEMA 4D courses we have to get a deeper look.
01. Introduction and project overview 00:00
02. Navigating CINEMA 4D 07:39
03. Working with primitives 07:31
04. Using the polygon modeling tools 07:38
05. Smoothing and subdividing options 06:18
06. Modifying geometry with deformers 06:06
07. Working symmetrically 05:19
08. Setting up reference images 03:03
09. Working with splines 07:57
10. Adding geometry with generators 07:50
11. Working with UVs 06:14
12. Animating objects 06:16
13. Working with materials 06:59
14. Lighting and rendering 07:05
15. Using MoGraph 06:48
16. Sculpting basics 07:38
17. Integration with other applications 05:43mORE iNFO