Digital Tutors - Sketching Appealing Animals in Photoshop
English | 1h 40m | AVC 1280x720 15 fps | AAC 128 Kbps 44.1 KHz | 293 MB
Genre: eLearning | Level: Beginner
Capturing the appeal of any character than connects with an audience can be a real challenge especially when it comes to animals.
In this tutorial we will reference a variety of animal images and explore how we can sketch appealing characters based on them. We'll begin each project by blocking out the form of the animal with simple shapes that will support their personality. Along the way we'll be considering various factors that can help develop appealing qualities of a character. Which each character we'll discover how we can exaggerate and humanize certain attributes that can connect and relate with an audience.
After watching this training you'll be inspired to think differently about creatively designing your own animal characters with appeal.
01. Introduction and project overview 00:58
02. Blocking out the form of our bear character 07:19
03. Capturing the appeal of our bear character 07:26
04. Blocking in the form of our lemur character 07:10
05. Capturing the appeal of our villainous lemur 07:28
06. Constructing an appealing form for a rhinoceros character 06:59
07. Sketching appealing visual details for our rhinoceros 07:38
08. Blocking out our horse character 06:38
09. Capturing the appeal of our horse character 07:22
10. Blocking out the form for our tiger character 06:31
11. Sketching the appeal of our tiger character 07:21
12. Blocking in the form for our wolf character 06:10
13. Sketching appealing attributes of our wolf character 07:27
14. Blocking in the form of our elephant character 06:25
15. Defining the appealing attributes of our elephant character 07:33