packtpub - Play! Framework for Web Application Development
English | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch 159 kbps | 2 hrs 8 min | 456 MB
This video course is for Java programmers who want to develop applications in a simple and straightforward manner. All you need to start this course is basic Java knowledge and the desire to create powerful web applications using the Play! Framework.
What you will learn from this video course
- Create reliable Java web applications
- Develop your own modules so that you can re-use code with the DRY principle
- Deploy your application for free and share it with the world
- Put the fun back into Java application development by using the Play! Framework
- Test every aspect of your applications using the Play! Framework’s powerful testing functionality
- Use Bootstrap to create attractive UIs for your Java applications
- Create powerful APIs for your application
- Consume Twitter’s API to add social networking data to your application
Java programming with Spring, Spring MVC, JSP, Tiles, and Hibernate, among others, has become very tedious. It requires developers to write hundreds of lines of code configuration. The Play! Framework provides a solution for this by removing the boilerplate, making application development more productive and time efficient.
In "Play! Framework for Web Application Development" you will learn how to use Play! 2 to create robust web applications. You will create an agenda application and make it better by adding functionality with each progressing tutorial. By the end of this course, you’ll have the confidence to create awesome applications with the Play! Framework.
If you have always wanted to learn how to create great Java web applications then this course is for you. This friendly, hands-on course will show you how to overcome the inherent complexity in writing Java web applications by leveraging the Play! Framework.
The course starts by showing you how to create a basic agenda application. You’ll then add validations, internationalization, and custom error pages before enhancing it using the popular frontend framework, Twitter Bootstrap. Additionally you’ll learn how to create modules to re-utilize code for future projects. You’ll finish the course by adding a JSON API to your application so that it can consume Twitter’s API using async requests.
By the end of Play! Framework for Web Application Development you will be a more confident developer able to create attractive, fast, and scalable applications using the Play! Framework.Click my nick to see more my articles